I absolutely LOVE squash because it’s so versatile and easy to prepare. The possibilities are endless, really – but here’s one of my favorite ways to cook acorn squash! I give you, roasted parmesan acorn squash 😉
- 1 medium-sized acorn squash
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 C shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half, length wise, then cut into 1-inch slices. Make sure to scoop out the seeds and insides.
- In a small bowl, mix together parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper.
- On a lightly sprayed baking sheet, lay the squash evenly throughout the baking sheet. Spray the squash with olive oil spray.
- Evenly sprinkle garlic-parmesan mixture over acorn slices. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and tender.
Macros: 100 cal | 3.5g fat | 12g carbs (2g fiber, 0.5g sugar) | 5g protein