Have you ever looked at the serving size on a bag of tortilla chips? You get like – 9 or 10 chips per serving. Who only eats 10 chips?! I love chips & salsa – it’s a guilt pleasure of mine but I want more bang for my buck, so I made my own. Cue homemade tortilla chips!
- 4 flour tortillas
- Olive oil spray
- Pinch of salt
- Homemade guacamole (ripe avocado & garlic salt is how I make mine)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Stack tortillas and cut into 8 triangles using a pizza cutter
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet. Lightly spray chips with olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with fresh guac or salsa, or serve up some macro friendly nachos!
Cooking tip: you can use any type of tortilla you’d like. I’ve found that using a regular (white flour) tortilla come out a little chewier. The thinner the tortilla, the crispier the chips come out. Corn tortillas would also be a great choice!
Macros (not including guac): 3g fat | 30 carbs (18g fiber, 2g sugar) | 10g protein | 250mg sodium