Who doesn’t love Chinese food?! I sure do – BUT, I don’t love the sodium, oils and everything else those dishes are typically packed/cooked with. I put a healthier, just as flavorful spin on the traditional broccoli beef with noodles! This healthy broccoli beef is a perfect entree to cook in bulk to use for meal prep & is definitely a family favorite!
- 1 package chow mien noodles (I used Chuka Soba brand)
- 6 oz. lean beef, thinly sliced (you can use any cut really!)
- 2 C broccoli, chopped and steamed
- 2 TBSP. olive oil
- 1/4 C liquid aminos
- 1 TBSP garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1-2 tsp rice vinegar
- Cook the chow mien noodles per directions on the label. Drain noodles and set aside.
- Microwave or steam the chopped broccoli. Cooking times may vary depending on how firm/soft you like your broccoli.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together liquid aminos, garlic, ginger and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet or grill, cook your beef. (It’s best to use just pepper, as you will get plenty of flavor from the sauce)
- Once the beef has been fully cooked, place on cutting board and let it rest for a couple minutes. Then thinly slice.
- In a medium skillet, add 2 TBSP. olive oil on medium-high heat and add the cooked noodles. You will “sautée” the noodles for approximately 4-6 minutes.
- Add the thinly sliced beef and steamed broccoli and pour sauce overtop.
- Mix together & cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onion.
Macros: 255 cal | 11g fat | 21g carbs | 18g protein