Winter months make me want all things warm, cozy & hearty. This chicken sausage & white bean soup is full of flavor, protein and fiber to help keep you satisfied! Feel free to mix this up & add different veggies or meats! I love making recipes that are versatile and easy to change up!
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 C water
- 4 oz. acini de pepe pasta
- 3 garlic & artichoke chicken sausage (Aidells brand)
- 2 handfuls of spinach/kale
- 1 can low-sodium white beans
- 1 TBSP garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Liquid aminos, to taste
- Cook pastina pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, sauté garlic and chicken sausage with olive oil for 3-5 minutes or until the sausage turns a golden brown color.
- Add 1/4 of chicken broth and stir in spinach/kale until it becomes wilted. Add in remaining chicken broth, water, pasta and white beans. Cover and simmer on low for 5-7 minutes. Stir in liquid aminos until you reach desired taste. *I would start with small amounts, try adding 1 TBSP at a time
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an air tight container
Macros: 281 cal | 9g fat | 31g carbs (3.5g sugar) | 19g protein