You guys probably know by now that I am ALL about that quick and easy cooking! I haven’t had much extra time lately to make fancy and elaborate, time-consuming meals. I love this chicken & cheese stuffed pasta shells dish because it’s a great snack to have laying around at a party – or – you can just adjust the servings to make enough for a nice family dinner. I think next time, I’ll add some ricotta and parmesan. Yum!!
- 7 oz. jumbo pasta shells
- 8 oz. chicken breast, grilled (I used a pinch of garlic pepper for seasoning)
- 2 C spinach, chopped
- 2 C shredded mozzarella cheese, reduced fat
- Cook pasta shells according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. Cooking tip: I do like to undercook mine by just a few minutes so they don’t get overcooked later in the oven.
- Chop spinach and dice chicken into small cubes (small enough to be able to “stuff” the shells),
- Spread pasta shells along the bottom of a lightly greased 9×9 casserole dish and stuff with chicken, spinach and cheese. I chose to do this after laying the shells, because if some of it overflowed I wasn’t too concerned about it 😉
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is nice and bubbly. Mmmm….
Note: This is more of a “snack” serving size; adjust ingredients/servings accordingly to make this an entree
Servings: 4 (about 5 shells)
Macros: 408 calories | 12g fat | 39g carbs | 36g protein